These packages have experienced what we call a “broken seal” and the vacuum was lost which allows some extra moisture inside. There’s nothing wrong with the chicken, and we usually use these for our family, but we have a few more than we can eat right now, so we are offering them to you at a deep discount.
The price is $2.25/lb. Take advantage of them while they last.
Our meat chickens are raised in Salatin-style pasture shelters which are moved to a fresh spot of grass everyday. This daily move keeps the chickens healthy and eating grass and clover which they love. That in turn makes tasty, nutrient-dense chicken! They are raised on our farm in Chester, SC and processed by us on our farm under federal exemption. Processing on-farm provides many benefits including:
- Low stress for the chickens
- The time that the birds are in transport crates is very short.
- We can process when we need to to avoid extreme weather conditions.
- Less time in transport means less time the birds are off feed and water.
- Quality Control
- By doing the processing ourselves we can make sure that technical details are attended to properly from how the birds are killed to evisceration to proper cold chain protocols you can be assured that Watson Farms Pastured Broilers are properly cared from the brooder house to the pasture to the freezer.
Of course, the ultimate benefit from our entire broiler operation is that you are served with an excellent quality, pasture-raised, non-GMO fed chicken that you can feel good about feeding your family with.