Pre-order your fresh (never frozen) chickens
Take advantage of this opportunity to reserve fresh (never frozen) whole chickens that would be a great turkey-alternative for your Thanksgiving meal or just a great way to save money by doing your own cut-ups.
These freshly-harvested chickens will be available for pickup at the farm on Tuesday, Nov. 23 from 10am – 6pm (normal store hours). We will also be able to home deliver them on that same day to our Columbia, Charleston, and GSP area customers. Click here for more info on the modified delivery schedule for GSP customers that week. These chickens will have been freshly harvested on Monday, Nov. 22 and stored overnight in the cooler. The deadline to reserve your chicken(s) is Sunday, Nov. 21 at 5pm.
You can choose from these sizes and we will do our best to pick a bird to match your selection:
- 4 pounds
- 5 pounds
- 5.5 pounds
- 6 pounds
- If you purchase other items in the same order, your entire order will be delivered or ready for pickup on Nov. 23.
- We will not be able to deliver fresh chickens on our Local Area Home Delivery route due to it being on Saturday. Local Area customers may select Farm Pickup.
How we raise our chickens
Our meat chickens are raised in Salatin-style pasture shelters which are moved to a fresh spot of grass everyday. This daily move keeps the chickens healthy and eating grass and clover which they love. That in turn makes tasty, nutrient-dense chicken! They are raised on our farm in Chester, SC and processed by us on our farm under federal exemption. Processing on-farm provides many benefits including:
- Low stress for the chickens
- The time that the birds are in transport crates is very short.
- We can process when we need to to avoid extreme weather conditions.
- Less time in transport means less time the birds are off feed and water.
- Quality Control
- By doing the processing ourselves we can make sure that technical details are attended to properly from how the birds are killed to evisceration to proper cold chain protocols you can be assured that Watson Farms Pastured Broilers are properly cared from the brooder house to the pasture to the freezer.
- We don’t use chlorine in the ice water bath like the industry does. Instead we give extreme attention to a clean processing line. The end result is a clean, wholesome dressed chicken unadulterated with chemicals.
Of course, the ultimate benefit from our entire broiler operation is that you are served with an excellent quality, pasture-raised, non-GMO fed chicken that you can feel good about feeding your family with.