Custom Bulk Beef Options
We offer two methods of purchasing beef in bulk quantities:
- Standard cuts with the options of 1/8, 1/4, half, and whole beeves which can be ordered here.
- Custom cuts with the options of half or whole beeves which is explained below. You may place your deposit here.
There are several benefits to ordering a custom half or a whole beef which include:
- Save money compared to purchasing at the open rate.
- Have your beef cut to your specifications.
- Reduce energy consumption by combining multiple deliveries into one delivery.
- Half: $4.65 per pound based on the hanging weight.
- Whole: $4.15 per pound based on the hanging weight.
- These prices can change at anytime. Even if you have put a deposit down then you will still have to pay the new price if it changes. This helps us cover our costs.
- These prices include processing.
- The hanging weight is the weight of the carcass as it hangs in the cooler at the processor. The weight of the actual packaged cuts will be approximately half of the hanging weight due to moisture loss during aging and bone loss during processing. This article explains dressing percentages in greater detail.
- Contact us if your’re considering a half or whole beef. We’ll let you know the availability and how long it will be until we’re ready to process.
- Next, decide how you would like it to be cut up. We will send you a cutting instructions form to fill out electronically and submit back to us.
- We require a $100 deposit for a half and a $200 deposit for a whole. This deposit reserves your spot on our waiting list and allows us to better plan our harvest schedule. It is non-refundable and will be subtracted from your final total.
- You may mail a check for your deposit to:
713 Colony Road
Chester, SC 29706.
- Watson Farms will accept only one payment for a deposit. If you are splitting this cost please have those you are splitting it with pay the primary customer. Then the primary customer should pay Watson Farms the full amount of the deposit.
- Once your beef has aged 2-3 weeks the butcher will cut it up, and we will arrange delivery.
- It is possible that at times we may have to postpone processing times due to poor weather and other things out of our control that affect the growth of our animals. All processing dates are tentative until they have occurred. We only butcher animals that have reached their fullest potential and sometimes it takes an animal longer than predicted to do that.
What to Expect
- Hanging weights range from 550 to 850 pounds. Most are 600-675 pounds.
- You can expect to receive 50-63% of the hanging weight in packaged, ready-to-cook beef. For a 650-pound steer, this translates to somewhere between 325 to about 400 pounds of packaged beef. See the examples below for more information on this.
- Buying a whole beef can save as much as $400 compared to purchasing the same amount at our retail prices.
- Orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you are splitting your beef with others, we can divide it into equal portions with an extras box left for you to split. It is an additional $25.00 fee for a half or a $50.00 fee for a whole beef. This helps us cover our time to split it for you. We can also split it into the different cuts so you have all like cuts together. The fees are the same. You will need to let us know if you want this when you give your cutting instructions.
- Watson Farms will only accept one set of cutting instructions per order.
- Watson Farms will only accept one payment per invoice. If you are splitting this cost please have those you are splitting it with pay the primary customer. Then the primary customer should pay Watson Farms the full amount of the invoice.
- We will deliver a bulk order to any of our buying club locations for a standard fee of $20.
- All other deliveries will be calculated at $1.75 per mile from our farm. This amount can be lowered if we are able to combine nearby deliveries or otherwise reduce our delivery costs.